Monday, June 27, 2005

I guess we'll just have to wait and see

Georgie

Maren still won't let me go to the bathroom by myself. Sometimes I can sneak in there unnoticed and she won't realize for a minute or two where I am, but she always figures me out and finds me. Then she comes crashing through the door.

"Are you going pee-pee or poo-poo?"

I never realized how important that question would become in my daily life, but I would guess that a full third of our conversations are based on that question. Because if it's not me it's her or Grant or George. It's always someone going pee-pee or poo-poo. I also never actually pictured myself using the words "pee-pee" and "poo-poo".

So today's conversation went something like this:

Mommy: Could I please go potty by myself?
Maren: Why, do you have to go pee-pee or poo-poo?
Mommy: It's not polite to ask that.
Maren: Why?
Mommy: It just isn't.
Maren: So what do you do?
Mommy: (Utter silence trying to figure out what the hell to say in response.)
Maren: You just wait and see what it is?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home